Friday, August 24, 2007

Yep, I'm still here.

Well hello,
I'm sorry I haven't written in a while. I've been busy with other things. Like unpacking, organizing, working, working, and working. Oh, and did I mention I've been working?

To update you, no my other house has not sold yet. Its not even on the market at the moment. My Realtor dropped the ball by telling me she would still keep my house listed on the MLS until we had a chance to sign a new contract...which is how we've done things in the past. Needless to say, I have been interviewing new Realtors and hope to sign with someone within the next 2 weeks. At this point I am feeling okay about the fact that the house has not sold. But I know I will be feeling somewhat anxious very soon if I don't get it on the market again, or at least find someone to rent it. Which is actually what I am thinking very seriously about doing. We shall see.

Let's see, what else? Oh, my mother's birthday was this past Saturday. She would have been 67 this year. I miss her a lot. I still can't believe she's gone. We are having the unveiling ceremony for her headstone next week. I am not looking forward to that...more grief will surface and grieving is quite painful.

Work is good. Or at least, getting better. My clientèle is growing. I'm slowly building up my practice which is a relief. That means I'm working a lot more. I'm also involved with 2 organizations which require a bit of time. And, I'll be teaching 2 classes this fall. So, I'm preparing for that as well.

Anyway, that's all for now. I still don't have the umph to write a lot, but I suppose I'll be back soon.




Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

Rosie said...

Renting the house. Then you'd be a real estate mogul...right? :) I was in property management for years. If you find the right tenants it's really great and the house remains an asset and it's all good. BUT the wrong tenant can make your life a living hell. It's a toe-may-toe, toe-mah-toe type thing. Good luck with whatever you decide.

My Mom's birthday was August 9th. I had good memories this year and it was a good day. I'm hoping and wishing the same for you.

Elisabeth said...

I still check your blog very regularly, and am glad that you wrote this update. I hope that you can make the best decision about the house, but I would think that continuing to try to sell it is still the best alternative.