Thursday, October 11, 2007

How much do you share?

I know I have not posted regularly in a while and I've been pondering why that is. The only possible reason that I can come up with is that I've not been wanting to share with the entire world what's going on in my life since it all has felt so powerful as of late. I've wanted to keep things private and since I am not good, most of the time, with idle chit chat, I just decided to not post on my blog.

This begs the question...just how much do you share on your blog? Do you tell everything that you think; even the most private of thoughts? Or, do you keep some for yourself?

Is it the difference between privacy and secrecy? I'm not sure. But I do know that there have been times when I've thought about blogging that I've decided to not because I wasn't ready to share what my true thoughts were. I wasn't keeping secrets from you, I just wanted to keep some things private.

Let me add this thought...I know that only a few people read my blog regularly and that there might be others who stop by as they are scrolling through the list of blogs looking for something in particular or just looking. Perhaps it is from those folks that I decided to keep some things private.


I wonder...what do you think?

Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

Rosie said...

I post by my mood. Well, now I do. When I first started posting I wondered more about what "other" people would think. I pondered about popularity and humor.

I also censored myself a bit because I didn't know who was going to be reading it.

I try to be considerate and measured in tone because it's just not my personality to do otherwise. However, I don't censor my subject matter. I just write whatever strikes my fancy on any given day.

Elisabeth said...

I do reveal quite a bit, but no everything. I just wrote a post about feeling blah or blue, I was not sure exactly what that was all about. It did help to write a bit about it, actually.

I try never to write anything that I think I would regret having posted.