Friday, January 18, 2008

It's a girl!

We're having a baby. No, not me. At least, not yet anyway. My sister and her husband are having another one. It's a girl this time and we are all so very excited. When my sister was pregnant with my nephew she and her husband agreed that the gender would be a surprise. They also agreed that with subsequent pregnancies they would learn the sex of the baby. So...we know she's a girl! She's supposed to come into the world on June 11th. I am very happy about this but there's a bitter sweet feeling that seems to exist as well.

I'm thinking about my mom. She's been gone for almost 2 years now. Jeez! I can't believe its been that long. At times it still feels like yesterday, and other times it feels like forever ago. My sister and I have talked about how we are used to our lives without our father. He passed away in 1986. That's 22 years ago. We've both agreed that we do not want to get used to our lives without our mother. I believe we were thinking that about our father way back when.

I am so very sad that she won't be around to see her daughters have children or get to know her daughters children. Nor will those grandchildren have the opportunity to know her.

As for my baby process...it is official. All of my adoption paperwork is complete and turned in. I am now in the waiting phase. It sort of feels like being pregnant. Only I don't know when the baby will be born. So its a protracted pregnancy. That's okay. I'm planning for the nursery and all my friends and my sister's friends are helping to shop for baby stuff. It's fun. I'm having fun anyway.

In the process I'm feeling better about living in the metro Detroit area. And, I've been dating again. Wow. It's been a while since I've dated and this is fun too. Who knows, maybe moving back "home" was not such a bad idea after all.

I'll keep you posted on all the goings on around here.

No comments: