Friday, January 25, 2008

Yes, its a done deal!

Well the eggs are hatched and I've counted my chickens and they add up well. I have indeed rented my house and got my asking price! This is where we all give a collective sigh of relief. AAAHHHHHHHHHH. 

I have now taken it off the real estate market and kind pay off some bills and even have a little bit of fun. Now that I have a little extra money. Let's give that collective sigh again please. AAAHHHHHHHH. 

The rent I will be collecting will pay the mortgage and the property taxes. Sigh here please....AAAHHHHHHH.

One more sigh, if you don't mind. AAAHHHHHHH.

I am using a property management company but they weren't having much luck finding a tenant. So, I posted my house on craigslist. I initially posted it and that evening I deleted the post and immediately reposted it so it would come up as a new posting every day. And I believe that helped the situation. As soon as I started doing that I had received 12 responses within a 2 week period. And one of those responses rented it. So...I also was pretty wordy in my description of the house and posted pictures. I am very happy and relieved. Okay, just one more sigh please. AAAHHHHHHH.

So now I get to pay off the debt I've accumulated since moving to my new house and paying 2 mortgages, I get to save, save, save for that baby to be and I will allow myself a trip this year...since I do love to travel and I have not gone anyplace exotic in a few years. I'll keep you posted on the travel plans.

Hip Hip Hooray for me!

I hope all is well with all of you.

2 comments:

Rosie said...

Sue I was absolutely to read your news. Congrats on the house getting rented. I'm totally with you on the sigh *Ahhhhh!* More importantly blessings on the news of a new niece coming in June. The best news is always hearing about a new baby that is so lovingly anticipated and that will be welcomed with so much joy and love.

I'm excited for you. 2008 is going to be a red letter for you and your family. Good luck with your own adoption. I hope you feel able to let us know how it's going from time to time.

Rosie said...

Uh, I was DEE-LIGHTED to hear the news, but you'd never know that from reading what I typed before because I left that important word out. Begs the question..."how'd I do THAT?"