Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!


Oh how time flies. I've been enjoying time with little miss J. We've been getting used to each other and I've been getting used to being a mom. It is really true...until you have a child of your own, you really don't know what its like. It's an all consuming job. You never have a moment where your baby isn't in your thoughts. No matter where you and s/he are, s/he is always on your mind.


I have been so in love with her it hurts. I am ever so grateful for being chosen to be her mom.

Other things for which I am grateful:



Little J.
Big J. (my sister's daughter.)
Z. man (my sister's son.)
Little J is sleeping through the night...for the most part.
Synagis shots for little J. and all the financial assistance I was able to procure to ensure J. gets those very expensive shots.


I wish you a very happy, healthy, prosperous and peaceful New Year!

2 comments:

Rosie said...

She's an absolute beauty Sue. Those eyes are to die for... I had to look up what synagis shots were for. Is she high risk for RSV or are you being cautious? I'm glad to see things are going well.

Parenting ain't for wimps. It doesn't end either...the thoughts and worrying. Mine are 18 and 22 and still manage to consume large chunks of my life and thoughts. I wouldn't trade it or them for anything though.

Smart Socratics said...

Hi Rosie,
Yeah she is a beauty and she is at risk for RSV. She was a premie...3 months early. She's very healthy but that RSV thing sort of hangs over our heads...luckily I got all sorts of financial assistance for the shots. They are over $1000.00 per shot and she needs 6 of them. Happy New Year to you and yours.