Saturday, August 13, 2005

A Hormonal Moment.

So, its 4o'clock in the morning, my time, and I'm wide awake. There's nothing in particular on my mind, I'm just wide awake. Sometimes this happens when I'm hormonal. I seem to get all this energy and don't know where to put it, especially when its the middle of the night. I suppose if I were at home I could clean my house, or pay some bills, or organize my underwear drawer, but I'm not so I won't. So, what am I going to do at this ghastly hour? No one else is up. (I'm visiting my sister and her husband, and like good, normal, non-hormonal folks, they are sound asleep.)

So, maybe a little rambling is in order...You know, my house is a mess. Mostly just my computer room. The room where I spend most of my time. The room where I spend hours in front of my computer. Doing all sorts of things...mentionable and unmentionable. Things like paying bills on line, paperwork for work, writing for work and fun, searching the internet for useful and non useful information. (Searching for non-useful information is one of those things I rate as non-mentionable, only I mentioned it so I must have changed its rating to mentionable. Go figure.)

When I think of the mess in this room, I have to wonder what the significance of it is at a deeper level. (Oops, here's where we should have that talk about the unconscious, but I don't wanna.) I've got papers strewn everywhich way, including loose. My desk is piled with junk. Not only papers, but rubber bands, golf tees and markers, receipts, screws, nails, tacks, sstamps, blank labels. (Now mind you, I've got all sorts of nice little shelves, plastic containers and etc. to put all these things neatly away, but I don't ever use them.) I've heard that ones house represents their unconscious. I don't even want to think about what that means for my unconscious if my house, and especially the room where I spend most of my time, is such a mess.

No comments: