Monday, August 15, 2005

Men, Men, Men, Men

Okay, so I have some more thoughts about men. (Now I'm really going to whine.} What I don't understand is the guy who says he is interested in having a relationship. He's ready to settle down, get married and have a family. (I've been out with quite a few of these guys.) So, we go out, appear to hit it off and the next thing you know there's no communication. Nada. Nothing. Not even a "thanks but no thanks". It seems as if the guy has just fallen off the face of the earth. I don't get it...................

I dont' think its that difficult to communicate something. Either a "wow, you're great and I'd really love to see you again" or a "wow, hey, I don't think we'd make a good fit, but good luck to you in your search." I could handle either one. Really!

And just when I was losing faith in this last guy, the guy I like a lot, he does a switcheroo and reappears. I guess I wasn't giving him enough credit. Perhaps I'm too impatient. I dunno. We'll have to see how things turn out. I know and understand that he is really busy with his work. He's got a really hectic and stressful job. I can understand and relate to that. Maybe I am just a bit more ready for working on a relationship then he is. I have to remember to move very cautiously and slowly. I know I can get carried away and anxious about wanting to be in a relationship. Cuz I would really like to be in the middle of one. Not at the end and not at the beginning. But, a young woman I know this evening told me that if I think he is mature enough to say something to me if he is not interested, then I should be patient cuz he will communicate with me either way. So...I was and wha la....

1 comment:

Rizzo19 said...

Ssaz,
I hear your frustration in your blog today and yesterday. I can empathize, I had similar experiences. My sister, who is wonderful, still is. I really don't know why it is. I think perhaps that men in their 40's who are still single have more intimacy problems than they care to admit. I wish you well. I wish my sister well. It is really unfortunate that she hasn't met anyone who is ready and in a position to see just how wondeful and amazing she really is. When it does happen, he will be really lucky, she has the biggest heart out of anyone I know.
Best of luck.
Rizzo19